• Private, member-owned country club established in 1925
• Original nine designed by James Henderson
• Second nine designed by Chandler Egan
• Some greens have been re-built to USGA specifications; all the others are very aggressively topdressed “push-up” greens
• Fairways and tees have been heavily topdressed for many years
• Greens are Poa, all other short-cut grasses are Poa/Bent mixtures
• Rainbird irrigation, upgraded in 2013 with Rainbird’s “IC” system, no satellites!!!
• Irrigation pump controls upgraded in 2013
• Work closely with, and under the direct supervision of the GC Superintendent
• Work with Superintendent on daily and long-term planning and direction of the golf course maintenance operation
• Organize and delegate daily work schedules
• Supervise and communicate with all staff members daily
• Plan and supervise small projects
• Safely apply pesticides/fertilizer under supervision of the Superintendent
• Assist in the management of moisture content of golf course
• Irrigation repair, maintenance, and scheduling
• Update superintendent daily on all aspects of maintenance department; projects, personnel issues, equipment problems, etc.
• 2 or 4 year degree in turf maintenance or related field preferred
• Minimum of 3-4 years of Golf Course Maintenance preferred
• Valid Oregon Pesticide applicator license or the ability to obtain one within 90 days
• Computer skills are an advantage, use of Microsoft Office, Google documents and Rainbird Nimbus II
What the future holds:
Over the next few months, we have quite a few small projects planned. We will be renovating some tees, removing many dead trees, working on our irrigation system to improve distribution uniformity, and improving bunker conditions. The Assistant Superintendent will work closely with the Superintendent to plan and ensure these projects (and more) are executed properly.
Salaried position commensurate with experience, medical and dental insurance, professional dues paid, attendance to seminars, uniform/clothing, vacation, sick time, meals, and golfing privileges.
Golf Course Superintendent
Riverside Golf and Country Club
8105 NE 33rd Dr
Portland, OR, 97211