The Corvallis Club
Job Description: Assistant Golf Course Superintendent
This is an exciting opportunity to work at a golf course with wonderful benefits, great new ownership, and awesome coworkers in the great town of Corvallis Oregon. Easy commute to work, low crime and less then an hour to the coast. Lot of energy based around Oregon State University.
Looking for a self-motivated, hard-working, energetic individual that has golf course experience, specifically in a management role. Willing to train the right individual.
The assistant golf course superintendent reports directly to the golf course superintendent. Under the superintendent’s supervision, the assistant superintendent directs and participates in the maintenance of the golf course tees, greens, fairways, bunkers, club grounds and cart paths; if needed, may supervise mechanic, the maintenance and repair of motorized and mechanical equipment; and does related work as required. The assistant superintendent may serve in the superintendent’s capacity during his or her absence.
- Assists in planning and supervising the maintenance of greens, tees and fairways
- Schedules work and supervises the employees and the use of the equipment
- Instructs equipment operators on the operation and care of mowing and other equipment; supervises pesticide applications and/or operates and calibrates pesticide application equipment; and supervises and participates in the operation and maintenance of pumps, and in the maintenance of irrigation and drainage systems
- Assists in personnel management and evaluation, employee safety and personnel discipline
- May modify the daily work schedule based on professional interpretation
- Working knowledge of the maintenance of golf course tees, fairways and greens; seeding and maintenance
- Practices for golf course turf; planting, cultivating, pruning, and caring for plants, shrubs and trees; characteristics and proper use of various fertilizers and soil conditioners; herbicides and pest control methods and materials; drainage control methods; and irrigation systems, including wells, pumps and automatic controls
- Ability to schedule and supervise maintenance work to achieve the most efficient utilization of workers
- Equipment; prepare clear and concise reports; and maintain effective employee and public relations
- Possession of a valid driver’s license
- May require current state certification or licensing as a pesticide applicator license
- Employee health coverage
- Discounted meals
- Discounted merchandise from pro shop
- Matching 401k
- Free golf
Pay range is $19-24/hr DOE
Please email resume to – firstname.lastname@example.org