We are currently looking for a Assistant Golf Course Superintendent to join our Golf Course Maintenance Team, who Under the Superintendent’s supervision, the Assistant Superintendent directs and participates in the maintenance of the golf course tees, greens, fairways, roughs, and clubhouse grounds.
This is a Full-Time Benefited position with a starting salary of $55,000 – $65,000 per year, depending on experience. Benefits include: Health, Dental, Vision, Life & Short Term Disability, 401K with employer match, as well as the opportunity to play the course one day a week!
**Please provide a cover letter and resume in the application
- Assists in planning, laying out and supervising the maintenance of greens, tees, and fairways.
- Schedules, directs, and supervises employees work involving the use of equipment.
- Instructs equipment operators on the safe operation and care of mowing and other equipment.
- Supervises and participates in the operation and maintenance of pumps, and in the maintenance of irrigation and drainage systems.
- Assists in personnel management, evaluation and discipline, employee safety, and may modify the daily work schedule based on professional interpretation.
- Assists in keeping records including but not limited to: personnel, inventory and equipment.
- Working knowledge of maintenance of golf course tees, fairways, and greens.
- Knowledge of planting, pruning, and caring of plants, shrubs, and trees.
- Characteristics and proper use of various fertilizers and soil amendments.
- Characteristics and proper use of herbicides, insecticides, and fungicides.
- Ability to schedule and supervise maintenance work to achieve the most efficient utilization of workers and equipment.
- Possess or be able to obtain an Oregon state license to apply herbicides, fungicides, and insecticides (Commercial Applicators License).
- Repair and maintenance of irrigation system, including pumps, mainline and lateral piping systems as well as mainline and lateral isolation valves.
- Repair and maintenance of various types of irrigation sprinklers, electric valves, etc.