Assistant Golf Course Superintendent
Shadow Hills Country Club is looking for an assistant superintendent to assist in the daily management and maintenance of the golf course.
• Under the Supervision of the Golf Course Superintendent, oversee the care and maintenance of the turf, ornamental plants, shrubs, trees, and buffer zones within the property.
• Help schedule and assign daily tasks to maintenance team members and oversee tasks are executed safely and efficiently.
• Assist in monitoring irrigation system, perform repairs, assist in hand watering, and sprinkler adjustment as needed.
• Responsible for completing work in a timely and professional manner, while managing the work being performed by the maintenance team.
• Able to work evenings, weekends and holiday shifts as required.
• Supervise and participate in the application and recording of chemical applications (fertilizers and pesticides) on the Club’s grounds in compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations.
• Assist in developing annual operating budget and plans for maintenance and capital improvement projects.
Knowledge & Skills Required
• Knowledge of golf turf management and proper maintenance of golf course grounds.
• Knowledge and use of operating standards for equipment and techniques used in golf course construction and maintenance work.
• Interpersonal skills to effectively work part of a team.
• Knowledge of safe use, mixing and application of chemicals and commercial products.
• Knowledge of the game of golf, golf rules and methods of play
• Positive attitude with a strong attention to details
• Understand and enjoy the game of golf.
• Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
• Ability to calibrate sprayers and have knowledge of chemicals that are used for basic turf care maintenance.
• Basic understanding of irrigation systems and components that are used in golf course maintenance.
• Must have a positive attitude and be willing to bring new ideas.
• Must be flexible and able to perform multiple tasks and work in stressful situations.
• Paid Vacation, Sick Time, and Holiday Pay
• Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life insurance
• 401k with Company Match
• Employee Meals
• Paid Local and National Association Dues
• Golfing Privileges
Email Resumes To
Golf Course Superintendent