Meriwether National Golf Club is seeking an experienced and motivated equipment manager. The equipment manager reports to the golf course superintendent and/or the assistant golf course superintendent and oversees a preventive maintenance program of golf course equipment. This program includes diagnosing and repairing failing equipment, keeping records of parts and supplies needed to maintain each piece of equipment, as well as placing orders for parts and supplies needed for equipment or service. The equipment manager needs to be organized; detail oriented with strong communication skills. Must have an understanding of small motor repair as well as diesel motor knowledge. Knowledge of hydraulics, quality of cut standards, and grinding. Fabrication experience helpful.
- 2+ years of experience in turf equipment maintenance preferred.
- Knowledge of grinding reels/bed knives preferred.
- Previous experience in general golf course maintenance preferred.
- Repair all equipment not operating properly.
- Preventive and routine maintenance of equipment.
- Provide the best quality of cut on all equipment throughout the mowing season.
- Ordering and stocking of all parts.
- Keep accurate records of all equipment.
- Rebuilding and sharpening all cutting units.
- Help with properly training staff on safely operating equipment
- Report equipment abuse to Golf Couse Superintendent or Assistant.
- Assist with everyday operations/mowing as needed.
- Work with Golf Course Superintendent and Assistant on equipment conditions to establish repair or replacement needs.
- Maintain a safe and organized facility.
- Have a valid driver’s license
- Health/Dental Insurance as described in our employee handbook
- Vacation and sick time paid
- Golf benefits
- Competitive wage DOE
Email Resumes To:
Paul Regali, firstname.lastname@example.org