All activities related to the care and maintenance of Chehalem Glenn Golf Course, grounds and equipment. The Superintendent is responsible for planning and implementing budget and operating plans, applying relevant landscaping and horticultural principles to assure that quality standards are achieved.
Assist in the development of the annual maintenance budget and operating plan. Implement the plan according to operating policies and procedures.
Manage employment activities for applicable staff members, including but not limited to, personnel recruitment and selection, performance evaluations, training, compensation, discipline, and termination.
• Plan and implement staffing schedules to provide quality standards at economical cost.
• Supervise and perform various maintenance duties to maintain the golf course in proper playing condition according to maintenance standards.
• Supervise the development and maintenance of drainage, irrigation, pumping and water reservoir systems. Develop and implement a fertilizer, aeration and Integrated Pest Management program for proper turf grass and plant care
• Supervise and participate in planting, fertilizing and care of turf, plants, shrubs, and trees on the golf course and grounds..
• Supervise and participate in course construction projects.
• Participate in equipment maintenance and repair. Establish and implement a cleaning and preventative maintenance program for appropriate equipment, tools and vehicles.
• Ensure maintenance of all appropriate quality and cleanliness standards including, but not limited to, employees, equipment repair areas, equipment storage areas, chemical and fertilizer storage areas, receiving areas, washing areas, lunch room areas, restrooms, etc.
• Monitor the purchase ordering and receiving program to maintain proper inventories of supplies and ensure proper quantity and price on all purchases.
• Ensure compliance with all applicable state and federal laws and OSHA regulations, relating to chemical and fertilizer storage and disposal, employee safety, public safety, etc.
• Manage employment activities for applicable staff members, including but not limited to, personnel recruitment and selection, performance evaluations, training, compensation, discipline and termination.
• Perform mathematical calculations involving fractions, decimals, and percentages
• Maintain accurate records pertaining to department activities including, but not limited to, labor schedules, course maintenance, construction activities, equipment repair, fertilizer and chemical applications and pest control practices. Assure the efficient and timely submission of all required operational, financial, budgetary and related reports.
• Maintain knowledge of current and projected industry developments through continuous attention to industry periodicals and participation in relevant trade associations and organizations.
• Perform other duties as required.
• At least a 2-year degree/certificate in related field preferred or equivalent experience, four years of course maintenance as an Assistant or Golf Course Superintendent.
• Thorough Knowledge of agronomic principles. Toro Site Pro Experience preferred.
• Demonstrated experience and capability in the areas of budget development, fiscal management, strategic planning, staff management.
• Ability to see Chehalem Glenn as a part of the Chehalem Park & Recreation District.
• A working knowledge of golf construction principles, practices, methods and a thorough understanding of the rules and strategies of the game of golf.
• Requires excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as a high degree of leadership qualities, problem solving and decision-making.
• Requires current licensing as a pesticide applicator or ability to obtain within 90 days.
• Requires knowledge of current federal, state and local laws, as well as, regulations affecting the management of the golf course operations – including employment, safety regulations and environment standards and laws.
• Must be highly motivated, organized, and detail oriented.
• Must be willing to work evenings, weekends and holidays as needed.
Maintain a positive attitude, professional manner in all situations.
SALARY RANGE: $56,000 – $68,000
Medical, Dental, Retirement and other District Facility usage, Housing may be available.
Applications: Can be found at cprdnewberg.org
Send a completed application, Resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to;
Casey Creighton, Park Supervisor
Chehalem Park & Recreation District
125 South Elliott Road
Newberg, OR 97132