Meadow Springs Country Club is seeking a Golf Course Superintendent with a strong agronomic background and a proven history of providing exemplary course conditions.
The Club, located in Richland WA, established in 1973 with an original nine holes and later developed into a Championship course by Robert Muir Graves. Since this time, the Club has completed significant renovations including hole redesigns, tee work and complete bunker renovations in 2018. The bunker program was a result of a Golf Course Master Plan, and we are in the process of approving the next round of improvements. The Club and golf course are open year-round with limited play through the winter season.
The successful candidate will be replacing our current superintendent who is retiring after a long successful career with the Club.
GOLF COURSE SUPERINTENDENT JOB DESCRIPTION
The Golf Course Superintendent (GCS) reports directly to the Club’s General Manager but will need to work directly with our Golf and Grounds Committee. The GCS is to be a visible presence among the team and members with exceptionally strong agronomic, business and communication skills.
Agronomical experience and knowledge are the basis for the minimum expectations. The Club is also looking for a candidate with previous experience working in a Club environment, embraces technology and has strong collaborative communication skills.
The ideal candidate will be a Golf Course Superintendent at a club renowned for providing exceptional golfing conditions and will have the following qualifications:
- Strong agronomic ability
- Successful experience in high desert climates
- Solid irrigation management philosophy and practices, supporting firm fast conditions
- Stays current with advances in turf technology and equipment
- Experience with “high priority” bunker maintenance
- Able to deliver quality results while remaining on budget
- Attention to detail along with the ability to address key issues
- Possesses collaborative leadership qualities that have resulted in high employee satisfaction-proven staff retention and staff development
- Mentor for team members, history of developing future turf management leaders
- Creative work scheduling to maximize team productivity
- Strong relationship builder with a history of excellent relations with Members, Committees, Golf Professional and General Manager
- Strong listening skills with an understanding of the value of constructive criticism
- The ideal candidate will be highly driven and innovative
- Experience developing standard operating procedures and training programs
- Strong budget management skills with experience developing capital equipment replacement plans
EDUCATIONAL AND CERTIFICATION QUALIFICATIONS
A degree in turf management or related field of study and GCSAA Certification is preferred.
SALARY & BENEFITS
Annual salary $90 to $105K. Salary is open and commensurate with qualifications and experience. The Club offers a competitive salary and benefits package for a position of this scope and responsibility.
- Health, dental, vision insurance.
- 401k with Club participation
- Local and National dues.
- Company vehicle
- Paid Vacation per club policy
- Club privileges
- Toro Irrigation System
- Annual $1,090,000 operating budget and $150,000 capital budget
- Average 18-20 staff in season
- Cap of 430 golf membership with a waiting list
- Average 24,000 golf rounds | 32,000 average in 2020 and 2021
- Golf Course Superintendent reports to the General Manager
- Advised by the Golf and Grounds Committee and Board of Directors
PLEASE SEND RESUME & COVER LETTER TO:
Jeremy Simmons, CCM
700 Country Club Rd,
Richland WA 99352