Olympia Country and Golf Club is seeking a Golf Course Superintendent with a strong agronomic background and a proven track record of providing exemplary course conditioning.
Olympia Country & Golf Club was founded in 1926. Overlooking Budd Inlet and spectacular views of Mount Rainier, the course has played host to Olympia families for many generations.
ADDITIONAL COURSE INFORMATION
- Annual $775,000 operating budget.
- Average 20,000 golf rounds
- Course rating 70.7; Slope 126: yardage 6,106
- 10,000 average cart rounds
- Golf Course Superintendent reports to the CEO & Director of Golf.
- Advised by the Green Committee and Board of Directors.
To apply for this position, email a PDF formatted copy of your cover letter and resume saved “Last Name, First Name” to:
Josh Bridge, CEO
Deadline: Thursday, March 24th, 2022
- 5+ years as a golf course superintendent or assistant superintendent is preferred.
- Degree in turf management or related field – certification is preferred.
- Responsible for overall appearance of golf course, and landscaping of the clubhouse, pool, and pickleball areas as well as the perimeter boundaries.
- Strong agronomic skills and programs.
- Strong background in cool season grasses, diseases, weeds and aquatics.
- Detailed-oriented, energetic, passionate, professional, engaging and a solid golf background.
- Recruitment, hiring, training, supervision, development, evaluation and discipline of employees.
- Research, recommend and administer the purchase, installation and maintenance of golf course equipment and improvements.
- Efficient management and administration of golf course maintenance operation.
- Solid record keeping and computer skills with Microsoft Office programs.
- Safeguarding, maintaining and applying all pesticides pursuant to applicable laws and regulations, federal, state and local.
- Valid Washington pesticide license or ability to obtain documentation within 3 months.
- Ability to formulate an annual operating and capital budgets and adhere closely to them.
- Able to work weekends and holidays, mornings and evenings as business demands.
- Employer will assist with relocation costs.
- Salary is $85,000+ DOE and benefits package will commensurate with qualifications and experience.