The Campbell Course, Home of The Children’s Course, Inc. is a 501 (c) (3) nonprofit organization dedicated to nurturing youth ages 7 to 17, building values that strengthen their character, and guiding them in becoming responsible adults through the game of golf. We are also a licensed chapter of a national/international non-profit youth development organization known as First Tee.
To provide all children, including underprivileged, at risk, low-to-moderate income and special needs youth, the opportunity to participate in educational programs that build character, instill life-enhancing values and promote healthy choices through the game of golf.
The Golf Course Superintendent reports to the Executive Director.
Full Time, Exempt
Our Golf Course Superintendent will work to provide golfers with quality golfing experiences by maintaining our 9-hole golf course. They will utilize volunteers to help them achieve this goal in the most cost-effective manner possible. Additionally, they will work with staff, vendors, and donors in furtherance of our mission and goals.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Course Maintenance
• Golf Course Equipment Maintenance
• Manage Golf Course Supplies
• Training of Golf Course Volunteers
• Special Project Coordination
• Pro-Shop Maintenance
• Keeping accurate and timely records/logs of all spraying of pesticides
• Keep current on all required certification for handling and spraying of pesticides.
• Compliance with OSHA with regard to handling of fuel, pesticides, and hazardous materials. Complete training courses as required.
• Training in horticulture or previous greens keeping experience.
• Ability to take the initiative to innovate and problem solve challenges.
• Strong time management skills
• Strong organizational skills
• Proficient in maintaining golf course equipment.
• Knowledge of, and commitment to, the goals and philosophy of The Campbell Course and First Tee – Greater Portland
• Working knowledge of the game of golf preferred
• Able to work flexible schedule to accommodate seasonality of the golf business.
• All candidates are subject to a background check and personal/professional reference check.
60,000+ annual salary – Commensurate on experience.
Full medical; limited vision and dental; SIMPLE IRA, Paid Time Off based on years of service.
Please send a resume and cover letter to Heather Mott, Director of Operations, firstname.lastname@example.org.