Built on reclaimed sand-gravel mines on the serene banks of Roseburg, Oregon’s South Umpqua River, Bar Run is a spectacular new golf course designed by Pacific Northwest native Dan Hixson. Take in the view and play and extra round when you stay at our brand-new RV Resort and Cottages.
Bar Run is a remarkable place. Beyond our spectacular course and gleaming new RV Resort, we are surrounded by an abundance of attractions, including downtown Roseburg, sweeping mountain vistas, wine country, and idyllic river bends.
Golf Mechanic | Bar Run Golf & RV Resort
Let’s start off with the most important part – what’s in it for you:
*Eligibility of perks is dependent upon job status
- Get Paid Daily (Make any day payday)
- Paid Time Off & Holiday Pay (Because Balance Matters)
- Benefits – Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, 401K, HSA/FSA Plans
- Discounted Lodging, Dining, Spa, Golf, Retail & Partner Perks (Yes, Discounted Travel!)
- Task Force Work Opportunities (Grow your career in idyllic locations across the globe)
- Values-Based Culture (#OMGLIFE)
- Culture Add (Creating Space for Fresh Perspectives)
- Referral Bonus (Get Paid to Recruit)
- Employee Assistance Program
- “Columbia Cares” Volunteer Opportunities
- Committee Participation Opportunities (Fun, Philanthropic, Diversity/Equity/Inclusion)
- Online Learning Platform to Help You Develop!
- Eligible for participation in tips or tip pooling
- Parking/Transportation/Commuter allowance
Our Commitment to you:
“People never forget how you made them feel.” Maya Angelou’s famous statement serves as a rallying cry throughout Columbia Hospitality and fuels our collective drive – and success.
Our people are our purpose, and our brand is our people. We seek extraordinary individuals who drive our brand promise of Creating Exceptional Experiences. We are a people-first organization, ignited from the inside to succeed on the outside. We are a tight-knit, inclusive, values-driven team and we trust one another to have each other’s backs. We show up every day with open hearts, an inclusive mindset, and genuine respect for those around us. We have fun, grow together, and strive to leave a positive lasting impression on everyone we meet.
What you’ll do:
The Brass Tacks:
- Assists with the maintenance and repair of various gasoline and diesel powered golf equipment.
- Contributes to the implementation of a preventative maintenance program.
- Inspects, diagnoses, adjusts and repairs mechanical defects and or failures in various pieces of golf and grounds maintenance equipment.
- Assists with maintaining accurate and detailed service and repair records for each individual piece of machinery.
- Keep maintenance equipment fueled, oiled, inspected to ensure use at any time.
- Sets up and modifies new equipment as needed.
- Ideal candidate will have a degree or certificate from either a college or vocational school in mechanical field of study.
- Must have the ability to work in a variety of weather conditions while repairing equipment.
- Must be familiar with and adhere to the proper recycling and disposal of various shop fluids and compounds that may be considered hazardous.
- Must be proficient with welding and fabrication equipment.
- Must possess a valid drivers license.
- Prefer a minimum of 2 years mechanic experience on small engine repairs
- Vital communication with the superintendent and staff
- Schedule, document, and coordinate all equipment services and repairs
- Manage a necessary inventory of service parts or supplies on a monthly basis
- Rebuild cutting units. With assistance, maintain sharp reels and knives daily (JD and Toro)
- Basic understanding of challenging electrical configurations when diagnosing problems
- Understanding hydraulic systems and observing potential hose and fittings problems
- Small engine tune-up and repair
- Gas and diesel engine maintenance and repair
- Basic welding and fabrication skills
- Willingness to observe the staff’s routines to properly clean and put away equipment
- Follow a monthly budgeted unleaded and diesel inventory, tracking and purchasing process
- Follow a monthly repair budget using a basic purchase order system and have the ability to forecast and communicate any necessary changes to the superintendent
- Participate in safety meetings
Don’t meet every single requirement? At Columbia Hospitality we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles.
Apply through the following link, https://us231.dayforcehcm.com/CandidatePortal/en-US/chi/Posting/View/36394