Greenskeeper II-Assistant Golf Course Superintendent
Heron Lakes Golf Course
$27.17 – $31.04 Hourly
Multiple Locations, OR
Portland Parks & Recreation
9/20/2021 11:59 PM Pacific
About the position:
Parks & Recreation is seeking applications for Greenskeeper II. This position is an assistant to the Golf Course Superintendent. Individuals in this position will interact with a broad range of multicultural and multilingual communities. Providing oversight and guidance to crews performing golf course maintenance.
As a Greenskeeper II, you will:
• Directs, trains and provides oversight to maintenance crews.
• Schedule, plan and coordinate projects and daily work.
• Procure needed items to perform work using a computerized procurement system.
• Provide specialized care of golf course greens, grounds and facilities.
• Ensure playability of assigned golf course.
• Skilled in all course setup.
• Disease identification.
• Irrigation troubleshooting and scheduling
• Proper use and care of golf turf equipment operation and care.
As a person, you are:
• Collaborative: An outgoing professional who values partnership and develops and supports relationships to get things done.
• Results Driven: This position is high-paced, dynamic, and requires a candidate who can balance short and long-term goals, valuing accomplishments.
• Strong Communicator: You can build trust and strong relationships through transparent and clear communication.
• Solutions Oriented: Uses strong communication skills to work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders to create, implement, document solutions, and problem solve.
• Someone who values Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI): Embrace anti-racist approaches through intentional partnership development, a customer service focus, self-awareness, and action, showing cultural humility, advocacy, and mindfulness. Use DEI concepts to guide and inform your work.
• Equitable: Maintain and create an inclusive, respectful, and culturally responsive workplace.
• Emotionally Intelligent: Motivated, passionate, team-oriented, and empathetic.
Applicant must also:
• A valid state driver’s license and an acceptable driving record is needed for driving City vehicles.
• Ability to obtain an Oregon Public Pesticide Applicator license within 6-months of hire. For materials and study guide click here.
For full information and to apply please go to this link:
Greenskeeper II | Job Details tab | Career Pages (governmentjobs.com)
OPTIONAL INFORMATION SESSION
To assist you in understanding this position and the recruitment process, we will offer an Optional Information Session that will provide you with details about the position and about the application process. You are not required to attend to apply for this job. You are welcome to join us for either of the optional session below (They are the same you don’t need to attend both):
Monday, August 30, 2021
9:00 AM Pacific Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 854 4178 5007
Find your local number: https://us06web.zoom.us/u/keAGNmwk5B
Questions – Contact: