Irrigation Technician – Crooked River Ranch
Job Listing Posted: January 23, 2023
Crooked River Ranch Club & Maintenance Association is seeking an experienced Irrigation Technician to join their golf course maintenance team. Established in 1974 CRRCM&A is the largest homeowners association in the state of Oregon, encompassing almost 12,000 acres located between the Crooked and Deschutes rivers in the high desert region of Central Oregon 35 miles NW of Bend. CRRCM&A boasts an 18-hole golf course with driving range and practice areas, full-service RV Park, pool, tennis/pickleball courts, disc golf course and baseball field.
The Irrigation Technician is responsible for the operation and maintenance of the golf course irrigation systems and reporting any irregularities in course turf quality to the Superintendent or Assistant Superintendent. The technician also performs work involving the use of large equipment, including tractors, loaders, trenchers, trucks, and other maintenance equipment to complete expected golf course maintenance duties. Perform routine manual labor involved in golf course maintenance.
- Operates, maintains, and repairs existing irrigation systems to ensure adequate moisture for turf and landscaped areas.
- Working knowledge of basic electricity and hydraulics related to an irrigation system, including automatic valves and controllers, and working knowledge of various types of pumps and pumping systems. Specific knowledge of Toro Site Pro is preferred.
- Inspects irrigated areas.
- Assists in maintaining irrigation pump stations and buildings.
- Proficiently and safely use power and manually operated tools and equipment to perform irrigation installation and maintenance.
- Maintain and care for company equipment, tools, and vehicles.
- Track materials and time on service work orders and submit daily according to current processes and procedures.
- Performs duties of a Groundskeeper position; actively participates in daily golf course set up and maintenance.
- Perform other duties as directed by Golf Maintenance management team.
- Basic understanding of agronomy, turfgrass science and the rules of golf.
- Knowledge of tools, methods and materials used in grounds and landscape area maintenance work.
- Ability to operate light motorized equipment.
- Ability to follow oral and written directions.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license
- Previous experience in golf course maintenance in public or private country club environment, preferred.
- Ability to use common mechanical tools.
- Knowledge of basic electrical related to irrigation systems and working knowledge of various types of pumps and pumping systems.
- Knowledge of proper methods of servicing and repairing golf course irrigation equipment and tools.
- Ability to handle a multitude of tasks in an ever-changing environment.
- High school diploma or GED.
Skills and Abilities
- Able to communicate in the English language. Second language is a plus.
- Able to work flexible schedules including holidays and weekends.
- Able to perform multiple tasks.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Be physically able to lift, pull, and push items up to 80 pounds as needed.
- Also requires standing/walking/reaching and bending throughout shift.
- Industry competitive wage commensurate with experience.
This is a full-time position eligible for full benefit package such as:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Simple IRS Savings Plan with 3% Company Match
- Vacation Time
- Paid Sick/Personal Time Off
- Holiday Pay (7 days)
Job Application Instructions
Email / snail mail resume and cover letter to:
Richard Jensen – Superintendent
Crooked River Ranch GC
5195 SW Clubhouse Rd Terrebonne, OR 97760
CRRCM&A is a drug free workplace