Mobile Equipment Technician – Turf Star Western

Job Listing Posted:

New Job Opportunity- Mobile Equipment Technician – Oregon

Turf Star Western is seeking a technician to join our team out of our new building in Salem, OR!

This position is responsible for diagnostics and performs all types of mechanical and maintenance work on commercial and contractor products in Oregon and SW Washington. This can include, but not limited to small engine overhaul, maintenance on gas and diesel engines, hydraulic systems, welding, minor painting. This position also assists in maintenance of the facility and shop work areas, including maintenance of shop tools, demo inventory and other equipment.

We look for candidates that can represent Turf Star Western in a professional and ethical manner when dealing with both customers and internal staff. Strong communication skills are essential. This is a customer facing position.

Essential job functions

  • Responsible for troubleshooting and repairing mechanical problems with commercial equipment. This position is on-site at the customer location 75% of the time and in our Salem shop the other 25% of the time.  We will provide a vehicle and any specialized tools needed, you provide the non-specialized tools
  • Performs repair and maintenance on small gas and diesel engines and machine’s hydraulic systems and/or electrical systems
  • Performs both simple and complicated blade sharpening duties
  • Accurately and timely submits administrative duties daily. Parts orders, labor logs, warranty claims, etc.
  • Be a self-starter that can manage a schedule and stay organized
  • Manually or with use of lift truck, move equipment in need of repair or set-up from the yard or warehouse to the shop’s work area
  • Follow state, local, DOT and TSW Safety guidelines at all times

Job Qualifications:

  • Background in mechanics and hydraulics; turf maintenance background preferred, but not required
  • Clean driving record and experience hauling a trailer
  • Some computer skills required
  • Excellent Communication Skills
  • We will train you to use engine and ECU diagnostic software
  • Minimal overnight travel required
  • This is an active position. The candidate must be able to sit or stand for long periods of time and lift up to 50 lbs.

Compensation

  • $25-30 per hour wage based upon qualifications
  • $1,500 bonus for successful job performance after 90 and 180 days ($3,000 total)
  • Mon-Fri 6:30am-3pm with some over time available (NO Weekends!)
  • Bi-monthly pay
  • Non-Exempt
  • Benefit Package including Medical/Dental/Vision/Life, PTO, Uniforms etc.
  • 401(k) Plan

Send Resumes to Gabe.Hughes@turfstar.com