New Job Opportunity- Shop Mechanic
Turf Star Western is seeking a Mechanic to join our growing team in our new building in Salem, OR!
This position is responsible for all types of diagnostic and mechanical repairs in a billable and warranty setting and maintenance work on commercial and contractor products. This can include but is not limited to small engine overhaul, maintenance on gas and diesel engines, hydraulic systems, welding, and minor painting. This position also assists in the maintenance of the facility and shop work areas, including maintenance of shop tools and equipment.
We look for candidates who can represent Turf Star Western in a professional and ethical manner when dealing with both customers and internal staff. Strong communication skills are essential.
Shop Mechanic Essential job functions:
- Responsible for troubleshooting and repairing mechanical problems with commercial equipment
- Performs repair and maintenance on small gas and diesel engines and machine’s hydraulic systems and/or electrical systems
- Performs both simple and complicated blade sharpening duties
- Sets up new equipment for customers or as demonstration units as season demands
- Recondition used and lease returned equipment for resale
- Accurately and timely submits administrative duties daily. Parts orders, labor logs, etc.
- Manually, or with use of lift truck, move equipment in need of repair or set-up from the yard or warehouse to the shop’s work area
- Follow state, local and TSW Safety guidelines always
Shop Mechanic Job Qualifications:
- Background in mechanics
- Some computer skills required
- Excellent Communication Skills
- We will train you to use engine and ECU diagnostic software
- This is an active position. The candidate must be able to sit or stand for long periods of time and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Hourly wage based upon qualifications
- $1,500 bonus for successful job performance in the first 90 days
- Additional $1,500 for 180 days
- Bi-Monthly pay
- Full time
- Personal Time Off
- Benefit Package including Medical/Dental/Vision/Life, etc.
- 401(k) Plan
Please send resumes to Ashley.Burke@turfstar.com