Oregon/Washington GCSA Virtual BMP Facility Workshop
April 29 @ 11:30 am - 1:00 pmFree
Best Management Practices (BMPs) are the tools that successful superintendents use every day to maintain quality playing surfaces. The adoption of BMP plans at the facility level helps the Oregon, Western Washington, and Inland Empire chapters and GCSAA to advocate for golf course superintendents with national, state and local lawmakers as well as the media by demonstrating our commitment to professional land management using science-based BMPs including the responsible use of inputs.
The Oregon GCSA, Western Washington GCSA, and Inland Empire GCSA invite you to learn about creating a BMP guide for your facility.
Date: April 29, 2021
Time: 11:30 am to 1:00 pm PDT
Location: Online GoToWebinar
In this workshop Mark Johnson, David Phipps and Emily Fuger, GCSAA will explain why BMPs are important at your facility and show how easy it is to use GCSAA’s tool to develop your own BMP plan. Lastly, we will help you start adapting the state guide to your own facility by leading you through some highlights of one chapter. We encourage you to use a split screen with GoToWebinar to follow along and create/work on your own facility BMP. In addition to the benefit of having a BMP plan, you will earn 0.2 education points from GCSAA for attending the session, and you can also earn 0.50 service points once you complete your plan.
Register for the workshop on-line at
BEST MANAGEMENT PRACTICES – WHY NOW?
- BMP plans are more important than ever before. While you’re probably already employing many BMP practices, having the plan proves to those outside the golf industry that superintendents are professional land managers guided by peer-reviewed science and are committed to making the best choices for their facilities communities.
- BMP plans create opportunities for the golf industry to demonstrate healthy land stewardship.
- BMP plans help preserve existing grant funding for turfgrass research that helps golf remain environmentally and financially sustainable.
- BMP plans are excellent communications tools when talking with the public, media or special interest groups.
- GCSAA’s BMP program has inspired local, state and federal partnerships, which demonstrate golf as a model in professional land management.
- BMPs help keep products in the golf market when GCSAA submits comments to EPA on active ingredients making their way through Registration Review.
- BMP plans help protect golf against legislation and regulation that affect the golf industry.
PREPARE FOR THE WEBINAR
- Have your computer ready to access the webinar through the GoToMeeting software.
- View the PDF of the Oregon Guide or Washington Guide.
- Visit GCSAA’s Brief How-To Videos located at org/bmp which will familiarize you with the tool. Each of the videos is less than 5 minutes in length.
- The seminar will be recorded and made available On Demand at gcsaa.org to assist you with the completion of your guide.