May is once again Oregon Golf Month as announced in a State of Oregon Proclamation made recently by Governor Kate Brown. This marks the third consecutive year May will be Oregon Golf Month, a proclamation which highlights the important and crucial benefits of the golf industry to the State of Oregon.
An Oregon Golf Economic Impact Study commissioned by the Oregon Golf Alliance & GOLF 20/20 prepared by SRI International details the role the golf industry has in the region. Amongst the study’s key findings are:
- A total economic impact of $2.0 billion annually in Oregon
- The golf industry in Oregon supports more than 21,000 jobs with $576.4 million of wage income
- Contributions of $31.8 million annually to Oregon charities
- Economic impact comparable in size to other important industries in the state, such as paper manufacturing, greenhouses/nurseries and software publishing
- More than 259,000 Oregonians include golf as a part of their healthy lifestyle
The Golf Alliance of Oregon is comprised of the major industry associations for the region including the Oregon Golf Association, Oregon Golf Course Owners Association, Pacific Northwest PGA – Oregon Chapter, Oregon Golf Course Superintendents and the Club Managers of Oregon. The Golf Alliance of Oregon will once again be presenting the Oregon Golf Economy Impact Study at The Oregon Golf Day and Legislative Reception, May 16, 2017.
Please visit the OGCSA events page for Oregon Golf Day registration and details.